The first weekend of May usually means Jane’s Walk in cities worldwide. But we are all doing things differently this year. While we can’t walk together, our resourceful walk leaders are helping us think of ways to experience Philly in the meantime.
Public Art on the Parkway Virtual Walk
MAY 2 @ 2pm
Walk Penn’s City Parks on Instagram Live
May 3 @2pm
- Walk Germantown: Take a self-guided tour of the Tulpehocken Station Historic District
- Practice mindfulness in the heart of the city: Walk Center City as a Labyrinth [map]
- Women In Architecture PHL recommends taking a Mural Mile walk [map pdf]
- Meander through Isaiah Zagar’s mosaics [map]
- Calling lovers and dreamers: go look for Philly’s Rainbow Connections
- Make a walk around the block into a game: Play Block Bingo by Interface Studio
- Visit Philly’s ‘Museum Without Walls’ with the Association for Public Art online [interactive map]
- Or try a virtual Jane’s Walk in another city, like Toronto, NYC, Milwaukee, or Zagreb!
If you go on one of these walks? Snap some photos, tell us what you see, and share on social media tagging @janeswalkphl or #janeswalkphl.